A daily dose of holiday cheer from the people you've previously met on The Noteworthy. Every day leading up to Christmas, learn about a highly recommended seasonal event, treat, or gift idea.
Add this to your holiday baking plan: Pumpkin Pie Squares! Sylvia Soo will be baking these in the coming weeks. Another recommendation from Sylvia is a Noorishmint Smoothie for Noorish. It's served all year, but she assures you it's a great winter drink.
Pumpkin Pie Squares Recipe from AllRecipes.com
1/2 cup butter, soften
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup white sugar
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Mix in flour. Fold in oats. Press into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven 15 minutes, until set.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with white sugar. Beat in pumpkin and evaporated milk. Mix in salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves. Pour over baked crust.
- Bake in preheated oven 20 minutes, until set. Let cool before cutting into squares.
Image via AllRecipes.com